Wednesday 27 January 2010

Day 25 - 27: Blog Challenge- Home is where the Heart is...



I've been meaning to do a Blog Challenge coz I'm hella sick of writing about my train-smash of a love-life. And I'm sure my followers (if they're still reading this drivel)are keen to see some variety in the new year. I missed the "Back at School" one which I really wanted to do but as usual procrastination got the best of me... and by the time I knew it, another Blog Challenge email had hit my inbox and I didn't get around to that one either...

The vicious cycle stops today.. in fact I blame my never-ending to-do (of things I never get to do) list on my Joburg mentality.

Yes, on the surface, Jozi comes across as the city of dreams where ambitions become reality... but truth is, this is the one place that is crawling with distractions. From meetings to events to lunch to movies to art galleries to fkin Gold Reef City (does anybody still go there ??!!!)

I'm a Pretoria girl at heart even though I basically spend all day in Jozi at work (and four hours on the highway in traffic).

I remember when we first arrived in Pretoria, I never thought we'd ever get around without getting lost. Especially in the CBD! And now , I'm so fond of Cap City Rap City because not only did I fall in love with hip hop over there, I also grew up there. Memories for dayssss.... especially in my green maid's outfit aka the Pretoria High School for Girls summer uniform. Plus how beautiful is it when Spring has bloomed and the Jacaranda flowers have brightened up the streets... It's so picturesque that you can't help but forget about the mess they make under your shoes...

I'm also in love, absolutely in love with Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban... I just love the South African coastline. It smells different down there..sweeter, kinder, refreshing...

But there's only one city that I dream of visiting all the time despite the terrorist threats...my passion and sheer need to visit New York could possibly just be the result of some clever marketing.. either way I'm sold...

Jay-Z and Alicia Keys have cemented my "Empire State of Mind".

1 comment:

  1. So cool :) Thanks for joining in!!

    I love jacaranda tree pics of Pta :)

    ReplyDelete