Sunday 1 February 2009

Day 1 ... And it begins...

As I write this... I'm having trouble figuring what exactly to write about. This is my first proper personal blog since mid last year.
I would blog on a regular basis on myspace.... From once a week to one a month. But since I started working in July 08, I had no time and its safe to say that my respective changed.
To be honest, my perspective had changed a lot in the first half of last year and getting a job gave me an excuse not to blog. (another blog for another day)
I had gotten to this other level... I call it the Aunty O Effect... Where you kinda operate like you know everything as though you have life all figured out... I had all these Oprah-isms as an explanation for all that life would throw at me. Simply coz I had heard it on her show. Jus coz I 'grasped' the concept of the Secret... Plus I have a relationship with God... All those things had me walking with my head held high....
Well sorta... I looked the part and spoke the part but like all hot girls, my insecurites lie just beneath the pretty surface.
I couldn't blog about the stuff I used to touch on on myspace anymore because I felt I had moved past blogging inconsequentially. There had to be a point. But I didn't want to preach. But share, without being hopelessly self-involved.
Now, where's the middle ground to that? Or am I just being way too introspective? Or is it just a symptom of growing pains?
Oh gosh my head hurts... I miss being able to write about stoopid stuff that was funny. Now I can't! Atleast I won't. Well, after the lil things I've learnt, I can't allow myself to. Life means much more than a hook-up gone wrong...

I've been reading John Grisham's The Street Lawyer. It's an interesting look at the plight of the homeless. That's a blog for another day though. So today begins my journey to figure out what I wanna and how I'm gonna say it... As Luda says in his intro for Theatre Of The Mind... Here's my story and I'm sticking to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment